1.3K views

I placed an order through an online company called HoopKood for a Detroit Lions T-shirt, which stated that it would be shipped within 2 business days.This took place on 9/1.

I felt a little uncomfortable and therefore followed-up with an email on 9/1, 9/2, 9/4 and 9/7 and I have yet to receive any response or notification that it has been shipped.

I was also able to find out that the business is located in China.I just want to get out there that this company, if it is a true company does not do business correctly and we will see if I ever receive my item.

Review about: Hoopkood Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with HoopKood?

Comments

It’s been a month for me and I still haven’t gotten a response back from them.

I purchased a jersey on 9/30 and still nothing!! Not even an email saying it shipped and it is now 11/14!! WTH?!

prof.caples

I wish I had read this before I ordered a jersey on October 13.

I have received a few email responses (including an invoice) from the company's email address: service@hoopkood.com

They told me they would refund the additional $7 charged within the next 2-3 weeks.

They also told me my packaged has already shipped.

However, they told me they would give me a tracking #, and I have still not received one after multiple requests.

I'm guessing I got scammed.

I will post updates here if I receive a tracking number or if my order arrives.At this point, I do not recommend ordering from HoopKood.

to prof.caples #1381794

UPDATE: yesterday I received a$7.27 refund in my bank account.Still no tracking number for the shipment, and I'm not sure if my order will actually show up.

But the fact that they followed through on the promise to refund the overcharged amount is a good sign.Will update again if I receive my order.

to prof.caples #1386521

UPDATE #2: I finally received a USPS tracking number on October 24, 2017. On October 30, 2017 I received notification that my package had reached San Francisco (from China), and that it was expected to be delivered by November 4, 2017.

I still haven't received the package almost 3 weeks after ordering it, but I'm a bit more optimistic now. Again, I'll update here if/when I actually receive my order.

to prof.caples #1389075

UPDATE #3: I received my order!On November 4, 2017, my package arrived.

It took 3 weeks.

The item I ordered was a Buster Posey Jersey. Since it was for my son's Halloween costume, I ended up ordering another one from MLB.com to make sure it arrived in time. In the end, the cost was about the same and delivery time was MUCH faster, so I highly regret not doing that in the first place.

QUALITY: I figured I would compare the two items, since I had them both.

The jersey ordered from Hoopkood is clearly a knockoff. Ther tags are the same as the jersey ordered from MLB, but the text is blurry and smeared. The stitching around the neck and sleeves is not as high of quality as the MLB jersey. HOWEVER, the Giants logo on the front and the name/number on the back are much higher quality on the Hoopkood jersey.

They are raised a bit and the entire logo is stitched, while the jersey from MLB.com almost looks like an iron-on patch that has been sewn on. Each jersey has parts that seem to be higher quality that the other, so I couldn't even tell you which one I like better.

MY SUGGESTION: I would not recommend ordering from Hoopkood. Since the price ends up being about the same either way, I will be making all future orders through MLB.com (or some other company that ships from America).

I wanted to make sure to follow through by updating my experience here, but I don't plan on repeating it.Hope this helped!

to prof.caples #1386509

They also charged me an extra $7.00 and tried to blame it on my card company and I still haven't received my order and have not received a response regarding it either. So frustrating! What can we do about this?

to prof.caples #1387628

Ordered a jersey about two weeks ago.Never got a shipping confirmation but after one email they replied quickly and gave me my confirmation and just received my package.

Sadly the medium is more like an extra large if you ask me.Hoping to get a better size

Did you ever receive your shirt?

I ordered on September 8th and received my jersey today on the 29th.I got no email about shipping.

It's from China too.I hope you guys get your purchases!